I’ve heard so many people ask me how a normal job isn’t fulfilling. I usually retort with this fact: You’re busy doing someone else’s dirty work, fulfilling their dream, on their time. To me, it’s indentured servitude today in the 21st century.
While it technically isn’t, given that no one’s forcing anyone to work for anyone, when you add in variables like high rent, gas, and food costs in today’s crony corporatist environment, the dirty work you do each day just to survive is definitely modern-day indentured servitude.
When you really connect the dots and see how corporate lobbyists make deals with politicians to slap down new regulations to discourage competition which allows for oligopolies if we’re lucky, now you know that you’re nothing but a pawn to Corporation A that you work for.
Because what if Corporation A in your field is one of about five major chain corporations?
And we wonder why prices are out of control in virtually every single field. A little bit of wheeling and dealing with elected officials and bam, it all makes perfect sense and it gives me a desire to do something, which is why I named this blog Ditch Corporate America.
Because I truly believe each of you reading this text are hardworking people looking for a way out of the rat race so you no longer have to solidify your status as societal drones carrying the litter of corporate oligarchs on your shoulder while you make a fraction of what you’re worth with backbreaking labor which you practically are forced to sacrifice the one thing that holds your mind, body, and soul unique: Your passions.
Then, I’m usually met with this statement: “Yeah, well, payday and benefits make my work fulfilling.”
Oh, come on, who the hell are you kidding?
Didn’t you complain to me last week it was Sunday night, the night before yet another dragging week at the office, whatever that office may be?
If you found fulfillment in your work you would want to be there, working. If you don’t, you’re going to wake up unenthusiastic. Sets up for a pretty piss poor day in my opinion, waking up dreading work.
After such counterarguments, I’m met with, “That’s just the way it is, Todd.”
Does anyone else find that statement annoying?
I’m sure you heard that from a parent and now you’re doing your own kid a disservice by telling them the same thing.
A Society of Dependents
I remember one time when I was at the dreaded warehouse one of my co-workers complained about a salesperson who literally sold half of that day’s entire order tree—out of about six salespeople.
The supervisor came around and said, “Well we need to thank her because if it wasn’t for our salespeople, we wouldn’t have jobs.”
Yes, we’ve sunk so far in society we’ve become dependent on other people to simply work a job we never dreamed of working at the age we’re at.
We need to thank her because if it wasn’t for the salespeople, we wouldn’t have jobs?
Sounds like most of America; we get a job and work that job before getting complacent. Do you realize how many people I’ve seen over the years state the place they’ve been at for five, ten, fifteen years or longer state their current job was supposed to be temporary before life happened?
I don’t envy these people.
Not to mention hardly a soul realizes there’s a way out and until about a year ago, I didn’t realize the kind of earning potential one can make as a self-employed internet marketer in a variety of fields until I did my own research.
Of course, such research took me to Wealthy Affiliate and I’ve been a member ever since, but what are some reasons as to why you should Ditch Corporate America?
10 Reasons Why You Should Escape
1) Wake up on your own time. How many of us are confined to waking up at unusual hours? Staying up past unusual hours? Well, if you Ditch Corporate America, you can say ‘good-bye’ to the alarm clock. You now control when you wake up.
2) Set your own work hours. When I was at the warehouse my shift was 2pm until Whenever. I didn’t know when the hell I’d get out of the warehouse. It would either be tonight or tomorrow morning. Even if we were done at 3am, we had to return at 2pm. There were weeks when we were pretty much living there.
3) Be your own boss. Hate every boss you’ve ever worked for or do you just dislike having to answer to someone else? Well, by starting your own internet marketing business you can now become your own boss. You answer only to you and you only.
4) Work on your passion. Hate work because what you’re working on isn’t something you’re passionate about? Or, is it just meaningless and lacking purpose? You might be looking at corporate numbers all day when you have to impress an entire board room just to keep your job. It would be so much better to be able to put that time and effort into something you’re passionate about.
5) Put people before profits. Does your company care only about its profit margin and view every single customer as a paycheck? The best thing about internet marketing, especially blogging is that your content can help, motivate, and inspire others. Why not start putting people before profits, because when you do so profits will begin to seep in.
6) Work anywhere you want. Are you a beach or mountains and forests kind of person? Regardless, an internet marketing profession can mean that you work while on vacation, making passive income while you travel. Even if you’re not traveling, you can work from home, coffee shops, libraries, or anywhere else you find comfort.
7) Live the lifestyle you want. I love getting up and getting a workout in. I also love getting a second workout in while making each meal a mini-event. Regardless of your lifestyle, you don’t have to curtail it any longer if you’re no longer in the rat race.
8) Increase your cash flows. Did you know that there are many ways to earn money online? You can sell your own products, affiliate market, drop-ship, there’s a plethora of opportunity out there. Heck, if you publish a book and open publish to different countries, think of how many potential cash flows just opened up. Say you publish on ten different online stores that have access to fifteen countries. That alone is 150 cash flows.
9) Look forward to going to work. How many of us hate that pre-work feeling? I know, it blows, because we simply aren’t finding passion in our work. Now, if we found passion in our work, how many of us would want to go to work each day? Probably all of us. Hey, I’d gladly put twelve hours a day in for things I’m passionate about rather than things I’m doing simply to get by.
10) Spend more time with family and friends. How many of us are missing family and friend time because of work? Might be a good deal of us. So, with a laptop gig and passive income, it’ll open up time to spend with your friends, family, and relatives. I think that’s probably the greatest trade-off of them all.
Exit the Rat Race
Now, I’m not telling you to up and quit your job and enter the field of online marketing expecting to make a living overnight. What I am telling you to do is to set a few goals so you start your own internet marketing journey today.
There are many ways to get started but Wealthy Affiliate will get you up and in the right direction within one year, as it has done for me. I’m not saying you’ll be free of corporate bonds within a year, but I am saying that you will see numerous and I mean numerous strides if you start this thing today.
Best yet, you can actually test drive WA for free without even giving them your debit/credit or bank account information, meaning if you don’t want to invest in the Premium membership, you don’t have to and you don’t even have to cancel, which is pretty freaking cool, as you won’t be getting annoying phone calls or emails encouraging you to join.
So, why not try WA risk-free today to see if it’s the right fit for you?
Doing so just might be your one-way ticket out of this rat race we’re all indentured to. It WILL be a process and it’s no get-rich-quick-scheme, as such schemes don’t exist. But what does exist is an awesome platform dedicated to helping you end this crazy rat race and the sooner you start, the sooner you can pursue what you’re passionate about.
Whether it’s affiliate marketing, as my Helmet and Jersey Stop blog is or if it’s simply an outlet to market and sell your own products as Lord of Columbia is for me, you will learn, step by step, how to utilize the search engines in your favor with SEO and keyword tactics, a fast, state-of-the-art site hosting platform, and the world’s greatest keyword research tool.
Start today, and in a year you’ll thank yourself.